Definitions and interpretation
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Film images of individuals
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services and Website
- if you have given consent, transmission to you by email of promotional materials about our products/services that may be of interest to you if you have given consent, contacting you for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website
- research, statistical and behavioural analysis
- fraud prevention and keeping our Website safe
personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended from time to time (DPA)) about you, e.g. information you provide when you sign up to buy our products or information and film images that you otherwise submit to Groopvideo Limited via the Website, email or otherwise, and information we automatically collect about you when you visit the Website, e.g. technical information, including the Internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet, and other information about your visit;
Groopvideo Limited, we or us
Groopvideo Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 100663108 whose registered office is at 2nd floor, 2 Woodberry Grove, Finchley, London, N12 0DR;
User or you
any individual that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Groopvideo Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Groopvideo Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;
The website that you are currently using, www.groopvideos.com , and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
5. We may collect the following Data, in relation to you:
Our use of Data
6. For purposes of the DPA, Groopvideo Limited is the “data controller”.
7. We will retain any Data you submit for no more than 12 months.
8. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
9. All Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the DPA. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
10. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
Third party websites and services
11. Groopvideo Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
14. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
16. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
17. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
18. sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
Accessing your own Data
20. You have the right in accordance with the DPA to ask in writing with proof of your identity and address (e.g. driving licence plus a recent utility bill) for a copy of any of your Data held by Groopvideo Limited ( which you specifically identify after payment in advance of £10.
21. Data security is of great importance to Groopvideo Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
22. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
24. The Data can be transferred to, and stored and processed at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It can also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order and the processing of your payment details. By submitting your Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
25. We may monitor and record telephone communications with you for quality and fraud prevention.
28. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.